Hey everyone. Right now, I’m debating turning my outline from “Combating Otaku Stigma, or Why We Will Rule the World” into an academic paper for publishing. Thus the notes from the talk are not going to be posted here. If you have any questions about the talk, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is some of the information presented at my panel on fan fiction from Otakon Vegas.
Fanfiction community publishing websites:
- Archive of Our Own (AO3) the best that’s out there, also look up the parent organization, Organization for Transformative Works, they have a great amount of resources there.
- Fanfiction.net – the oldest, and with the best international fan base. (Beware of purgings.)
- Live Journal, Deviant Art. (Beware of purgings.)
- Tumblr – in my opinion, works better for graphic exchange than text exchange, but still worth a mention here.
- Wattpad- a good resource for publishing original fic. They recently branched into fanfiction as well.
Fan Fiction professional publishing websites:
- Amazon: Kindle Worlds (beware of exclusivity contract)
- Outlier Digital (read about it here: http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2013/kindle-worlds-has-first-imitator-outlier-digital-from-twilight-producers/)